Wednesday 1 August 2012

Balloons

I think I just about managed to keep my frantic painting under wraps and have finally handed over my latest piece; a painted polaroid present for the newly wed Mr and Mrs Thompson.

'Balloons' 2012
Oil on primed paper
3.5 x 4.25 inches

Surprisingly, this is the first time I've framed a piece of my work properly. I took some tips from the paintings that are on display in Nottingham Trent University, and chose a simple box frame with a hessian printed mount backing.

Framed by Cotswold Framing, Cheltenham.
(Please ignore the reflections!)

Now that's done, I have a commission for three more Polaroid Paintings to be getting on with. If I'm being realistic, what with work and general life goings on, I think this will take me right up until the end of the year. So, maybe it will have to be 2013 before I properly get the chance to do my own thing, perhaps something a little different..?


No comments:

Post a Comment