Sunday 7 July 2013

Wake up/Shake up

I'm a bit behind on the updates as per usual, but this time I have an excuse. Illness has stripped me of all motivation for the past few months, so I've not actually been doing any painting outside of work lately. Instead of being plagued with guilt, I've decided to make a few changes.

  • Firstly, I've got another painting that I'm yet to share, which completes a commission for a family friend. Since doing this, I've been in the process of getting edition prints made of my little Polaroids. As always, money seems to be a bit of an issue, but fingers crossed I can get them signed, numbered, framed, and up for sale.
  • I purchased a somewhat swanky lomography camera, which takes pictures like this:

I've almost finished my first film, which I'm dying to get it developed.. It's pretty odd not having a proper viewfinder, not being able to tell what I'm shooting at or anything, so I have no idea how they will turn out. All being well, I should have some new and exciting photos to paint from. I'll keep you posted on their success/failure.
  • After months of being badgered (and years of good food), I've finally decided to start writing about my foodie experiences. I'm forever cooking, baking, going out for food, reading about food, talking about food, taking photos of food, etc etc.. Oh, and the same for drinks.. Wine, cocktails, wine, cocktails, wine.. So as of now, I'm going to start sharing my foodie finds outside of Facebook/Twitter. I've got quite a stash of things to blog about, especially as I've not long come back from Brussels; the home of beer, chocolates and frites! So keep an eye out for that. But for now, as it's a Sunday..
Sunday Roast at The Kingham Plough

No doubt I'll make a few changes to the layout of this, but I'll sign out with my new ambition.

Lucienne Simpson - On Art / On Food

No comments:

Post a Comment