Thursday 19 May 2011

Times are changing

Long time no speak.


Life seems to have been a bit of a whirlwind over the past month, though there's been a few stable things, namely cake and gin. Good combo, right?


So, when I've not been eating and drinking, galavanting to various places, meeting Simon Rimmer (yes, that bloke from Something For The Weekend on BBC2 on Sunday), watching the Royal Wedding, and god knows what else. I've been getting myself a job. A real 9-5 job.


It was ages ago that I went on my 2 day trial, and even longer ago that I applied for the position, but now I'm 3 weeks into being a photo-realist painting assistant at Science Ltd... And I'm loving it. It did, however, mean that I've left the hustle and bustle of Nottingham; I packed my bags and moved back home to little ol' Tewkesbury. It's good though, I think I can get used to living back in Gloucestershire, I definitely feel a lot happier.


Anyway, exhibition talk. Not a lot has been happening since the show at Chapter, but my 'Oops!' piece is currently in the Birthday Exhibition at The Crocus Gallery, Lenton, Nottingham, which is on until the 28th May. For more information it's probably best to follow them on Facebook.


Also, bad news for those who have studied at the University of Gloucestershire's Pittville Campus; the Foundation Art course is ending! It's such a shame... Sigh. But, this does mean that some lovely people, who are currently on the course, have organised a retrospective exhibition to go alongside their end of year show. Although I'd love to put new work in, I've not had the chance to paint for myself recently, so I'll be showing my 'Photostrip'. I guess it'll be good to get a fresh audience. I really must get back into applying for things, I've been pretty lazy lately in that respect.


What else..?

I managed to finish and hand over the 4 paintings for the Newton/Arkwright Building. I'm reluctant to put images of them online at the moment, seeing as they haven't really been 'unveiled', but I'll leave you with a teaser.


1 comment: